Tuesday, January 7, 2014

In His Strength Greatly Rejoicing

Psalms 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield: my heart trusted in him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." If you read my blogs you know they are usually about one of the many things the Lord is teaching me everyday.....and this one is no different. I am thankful the Lord is teaching  me. When He stops and we become 'unteachable' I think that's when we ALL need to worry!
  A funny thing happened to me that kind of helped to teach me some things, and has stayed in my mind for a while! In our house we have a sunk in living room, so our living room is a step lower than the rest of the house. Anyways, last night I was going up the step and my brother was already standing there talking to me, well when I stepped I didn't get my foot all the way on the step before I picked the other one up; and as I'm clumsy I lost my balance and started to fall backwards. I grabbed my brothers arm (who is 9 years younger) with one hand, he thought I was just playing and so started to come down the step. When he realized I wasn't joking, he said matter of factly Oh NO, put his foot down and with his strength pulled me back up. I was a little surprised because he has always been smaller, as he's 9 years younger, but is now taller and stronger than I am. Now I wouldn't have most likely seriously hurt myself, but I still would've had some nice bruises since we have tile floor.
   I have thought about that so many times, and the Lord seemed to remind me through that little episode, I am your strength I want to be your strength; but can only be if you choose to let Me! As seems to be around me lately, the Lord has seem fit to bring into my life very recently something that has caused great sadness and I can't do anything to change it. I went through a couple days of sadness, but realized I can't live this way and do what I need to do! Then I was reminded, as my brother only used his strength when he knew I needed it; in the same way our Heavenly Father desires to show His strength through us - especially in times of sadness or disappointments! Sometimes the situations we are in, show no signs of getting better, and all we can simply do is go through them. As the Bible says there is a time for everything. Ecclesiastes 3:1 & 10,11 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.:" "I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it. He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end."
   The 'season' that God has placed before me doesn't look like it is going to end very well, but I know I need to decide now how I will handle it when it comes. I have been praying and asking the Lord to direct my steps and especially my emotions. Resting in His strength alone is the only way to handle this or really any problem we face! As the verse says in the beginning, when the Lord is our strength and shield, our heart doesn't just simply rejoice but GREATLY rejoices, with song or with our words we will praise Him! How sweet it is to rest in the Lord!
   On the news yesterday it said that January 6th was the most depressing day of the year! I kind of thought that was funny, and told my parents that yesterday was the worse this year would ever be! Although in reality for the Christian who doesn't rest in the Lord's strength daily, everyday of the year is depressing. We certainly cannot live this life on our own! I have recently seen quite a few Christian families go through some really tough times, and have been simply amazed at their attitudes through it all. I know they have already discovered their source of strength - the Lord!

Please

   Although my heart may be breaking and maybe yours is too, let's decide to trust the One Who is the strongest! Remember it is a choice you must make, and the demonstration of that choice that you are resting in His strength is a heart that is greatly rejoicing and praising Him. Knowing that God is ALWAYS good!!!




1 comment: