Thursday, March 13, 2014

Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork

This dinner/lunch is oh so easy I just had to share! For those who are always busy, but love to have a home cooked delicious meal this is a really good crock pot meal. I made this for our dinner tonight along with mashed potatoes, and Red Lobster Cheesy Biscuits. I was so nervous that it wouldn't turn out well but every one from my nephew and niece to my Dad liked it. So it was a win!! I found a similar recipe to what I made, but tweaked a few things. If you like pulled pork, or even just BBQ this is a great recipe. I will put the brand we used in parenthesis. I doubled the recipe for our family, but this would make plenty for a family with not quite so many people! ;)

Ingredients:
- 6-8 boneless pork chops (Aldi brand)
- BBQ sauce (Baby Rays)
- 1/2 c. water
- sliced onions
- slow cooker/crock pot
- seasoning (Masterpiece BBQ Seasoning)

Instructions:
Pour water and BBQ sauce in crock pot and mix together.
Season both sides of pork chops (cut fat if necessary) and layer in bottom of crock pot. I was able to layer 3 across.
Pour BBQ sauce over chops and layer onions, then add another layer of seasoned pork chops followed by more BBQ sauce and onions. (Since our family is so big there was about 12 pork chops, so we had quite the layers!)
Cooked for about 6 hours in the crock pot.

These are SO tender and delicious. You could easily shred or leave as is. Most of us wanted our pork chops shredded, they are delicious either way though. This was definitely a big hit in our house, and super easy to make!
Simple BBQ "Pulled" Pork in the Crockpot using pork chops. Yum!


Also if you like biscuits or bread with your food the Red Lobster Cheesy Biscuit Mix is absolutely delicious, and super easy to make too!:) Hope this helps give someone another meal to add to their selection, and with it being so easy that is a huge plus too!!




No comments:

Post a Comment