Friday, January 23, 2015

*The Fairytale Of A Single (Girl)*

   Well I am finally back again, hopefully a little more regular than I have been. Honestly I had been considering taking my blog down, because I feel like I'm learning so many things that I'm not sure if I could help anyone else, but after some prayer and encouragement from my favorite person I decided to keep it up. If I can help one person, it's worth it! :)
   As a lot of my posts are, this one will be mainly for my single (girl) friends, because I think they are my biggest audience and it's a subject still very close to my heart. In my opinion, what you do at this time can and will end up deciding ultimately how your life goes.
   For those who don't know me personally, as I said in my last post, I have had an exciting 6 -7 months now! In August of last year the Lord allowed me to meet an absolutely wonderful guy while we were on family vacation. I never saw it coming, but looking back I can see God's guiding hand as He laid the plan out perfectly, as only He can, for us to meet. Maybe one day soon I will share how it happened, but I have an idea that I'm hoping will work on how to do that. In my opinion, the best kind of "fairytales" are the ones written by God that you never see coming. I like the word fairytale, because I'm a girly girl, and think this is the best one I've ever seen. ;)  As mushy or even dumb as this sounds, I seriously wake up many days and wonder if I'm dreaming, and am so happy when I remember, No this is real life!! :)
   Do you know the one thing about this is there is nothing special about me? I don't get to wake up and feel like I'm living in a dream because of anything great I am or I have done, but because God's plans are only fairytales when they are revealed in HIS time! So that means that if I get to have a fairytale, so can you! (Unless you're not a fairytale kind of girl/person, then whatever you want to call it.)
  As I was driving somewhere the other day I was impressed with how in some broad ways God's will parallels some of the aspects of salvation, hopefully they will make sense to someone else too:
     * It's freely offered.
         Salvation costs us nothing, so also God's will and plan also is freely offered to each one of us.
     * Not a respecter of persons.
         So thankful salvation is not only offered to a certain type or class of people, it includes
         each and everyone of us. So also, God has a plan for everyone's life. Each life is just as
          important to God. and He directs and plans each life as He sees fit.
     * You have a free will.
         You can choose to accept or reject Gods offer of salvation; if you reject, you will one day
          sadly reap the benefits of that decision. So also, if you choose to not wait or choose your own
          way you will also not be exempt from the consequences that come with that.
     * Requirement of salvation is to simply to accept His free offer; so also we must accept to wait and trust God's plan, whether we understand it or not!

Regardless of what stage of life you are in, waiting seems to be the one consistent thing we all have to do at some point through each stage. It's not fun, but as I told one of our teen girls last night and one of my favorite sayings is:

 
 
    Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." You cannot decide what God's plan for your life is, only He can show that to you, so if He has not and until He does you must wait. However, waiting is not sitting around complaining and being depressed about what God hasn't done in your life that you think He should, it is happily (fake it if you must at times) being busy trusting that His plans are better than mine, knowing that when it's in HIS time He will unfold everything. Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Don't waste your time searching and searching for "God's will" it has not been lost, He knows exactly what He's doing. You will only end up with the wrong guy, or at the wrong place, or you will continually be depressed when all of your searching for whatever you think is God's will turns up empty. God has the perfect plan for you, He has not forgot about you, but you much choose to let HIM reveal it to you in His perfect time. During the waiting period it can seem like it is forever and that it will never end, but when you finally are on the other side and you get to live your "fairytale" you will be SO very glad you waited. :)   
Proverbs 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

 




No comments:

Post a Comment