Friday, October 11, 2013

Homemade Pore Strips

      Today I am going to do a "girly post"! I love to do things that make me feel or look more like a girl! :) I am a Pinterest addict, and love getting ideas on there! So, last week I saw a homemade pore strip recipe I wanted to try. I was already making a trip to Publix for an ice cream run for the family, so I picked up what I needed for this while I was there!
      I don't have a flawless face, and so am always looking for ideas to help! This recipe is supposed to be like the Biore pore strips, but this is much cheaper, which I am always looking for! ;) This actually turned out really well, although I learned a few things NOT to do! So I am going to share this with you, with my own added helps that I found out!:)


Making Your Own Pore Strips 

pore strips

I actually didn't used the glass bowl, I just did it all in the disposable cup! Less dishes is always great!:)

Pore Strip Ingredients:
- 1 Tablespoon Unflavored Gelatin
- 1-2 Tablespoons Milk (any kind)


 pore strips

1. Place 1 Tablespoon of Unflavored Gelatin into a disposable container.
2. Add 1-2 Tablespoon milk into gelatin. (FYI, mixture smells horrible :D )
3. Mix this up quickly until it is a chunky consistency.
4. Microwave mixture for 10-15 seconds. Test temperature, and apply immediately to your face. This hardens fast!
5. Once mixture has dried, peel it off.

~ You can put the paste all over your face, or in sections. I personally, after trying this suggest to put the mixture on a section of your face at a time. I put the mixture all over my face, and oh my, that was horrible! The gelatin mixture dries so fast. Once it has dried on your face, you can't move your face at all without feeling like your face is breaking off. Also, the peeling off can be quite painful. So I highly suggest doing it by sections, or you may be sorry! :) My face was so hot and red after peeling this off, I was rubbing ice on my face! So PLEASE do sections! ;)
~ I would definitely recommend these pore strips to clear your face of blackheads and dirt. I will definitely be doing this again, but just mainly on my nose and chin! Your skin will feel just like a baby's skin!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment